The Parish of St Leonard and St Ethelburga covers an area along the seafront of St Leonards on Sea.
We believe that church is for the least, the last and the lost
We try to be missional in all that we do.
As a church we are firmly within the evangelical tradition of the Church of England but feel that the church is open to everybody, wherever they are on their faith journey. The ministry within the church was transformed through ten church members and the minister attending a Mission Shaped Ministry course in 2013. We are enthusiastic about Fresh Expressions of Ministry and over the past few years have embraced the role of the laity in all aspects of church. We do not 'do mission' but try to be missional in all that we do. We believe that worship in its widest sense should be both awesome and accessible, and that simplicity and stillness can often help convey a sense of the presence of God.
As a parish we are trying to encompass the Church of England's Five Marks of Mission:-
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society; to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
Church of England Nov 17
Please note our phone number is 01424 438885
This is the GDPR Privacy Notice